Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Days of Thanksgiving

I was inspired by someone on an email mailing list subscription that I am on.  Every day they are sending a message saying one thing they are thankful for.  Yesterday at lunch I asked the girls what they are thankful for.  Diva quickly answered "God!".  Today I got out a piece of paper, wrote the words "We are Thankful for" at the top, glued a few fake leaves on the paper, and listed yesterday's date and today's date.  Beside yesterday's date, I wrote "God" and by today's date I wrote Diva's answer for today, which was "pictures".  Once she realized that I was writing down the things she was saying, she started to list off several more things, but I told her to remember them for other days.  I don't want her to list off everything all at once then not be able to think of anything later on in the month. :-)

I'm going to try to keep this going through Thanksgiving at least, and maybe through the end of the month since it's only 3 more days.  If I remember this next year, I'm going to try to make a tradition of this and keep the papers from year to year.  I think it will be interesting to look back over the years to see what the children were thankful for at the various points in their lives.

No comments: