Wednesday, October 22, 2008

my little literalist

Diva never fails to give us something to chuckle about, and I needed the chuckle after the heart attack she gave me this morning when I caught her pushing Bubba in his baby swing so hard that she nearly made the swing fall apart.  But, that's not the topic of this post.  Instead, I thought I would share her interpretation of a conversation a little later in the day.  Since we were out running an errand around lunch time, I made the "executive decision" that we would get lunch at McDonald's and bring it home to eat.  While we were waiting in line at the drivethrough, "Auntie" (their favorite aunt) made some remark about eating McDonald's for lunch.  Diva, in a concerned tone, said that we couldn't eat McDonald's for lunch.  When we pressed her for a reason, she said "You can't eat a building!"

No comments: