Tuesday, September 30, 2008

memory making moments

Sometimes it's just fun to be a little spontaneous.  Besides, who knows what blog fodder the girls will give me. :-)  Tonight I decided that the girls and I were going to have a "pajama party".  There was no occasion, no special reason - it's not even the weekend.  I just felt like doing something out of the ordinary.  Around 5:30 we got cleaned up and ready for bed, all three of us in our pj's.  After that, I put the girls in their room with some toys they don't play with very often and I started making "pancake cookies" for our dinner.  Pancake cookies are just small, cookie-sized pancakes that can be snacked on like cookies and don't have to be eaten at the table.  When I had enough made to get them going, I had them pick up the toys then come out to the couch.  They got to watch an Elmo movie while they ate their dinner.  

By the time we were done with that, it was almost dark.  Since one of the parts of the Elmo movie was talking about stars and constellations, we went outside to watch the stars come out.  Imp had given up and gone back inside with Daddy, but Diva and I stayed out for a little while.  At one point, I decided to have a "teaching moment" and asked her if she knew what the time of day when it wasn't quite all the way dark, but it wasn't daytime anymore was called.  She said "yes", so I asked what it was.  She replied, "the big difference!"  I was going for dusk, but that works. :-)  I think she meant to say "the Big Dipper" because we had been talking about that particular constellation.  Oh well, she gave me my laugh for the day.

No comments: