Monday, September 1, 2008

Never trust a kid with a water gun

The weather today has been absolutely gorgeous, and since Daddy fixed the gate on our porch yesterday, I let the girls play outside a lot today. Today seemed like the perfect day to re-introduce a toy from the beginning of the summer - the water guns. I took the water guns out and a rubbermaid shoebox container of water for refills. Just a little bit ago, I took out a pitcher of water to refill their water supply in hopes of keeping them entertained until dinner. I squirted a few rounds with them and as I was heading inside, Diva says "Wait a minute". I stopped at the door and asked what she wanted. "I want to give you something", she said. Foolishly, I trusted her. I should have known by the sparkle in her eye that she was up to no good. The "something" that she wanted to give me was one last good squirt from her water gun.

No comments: