Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Multi-tasking

It's always nice when something can serve more than one purpose, especially when it makes housework a little bit easier. I stumbled upon this idea earlier this week while trying to make it easier for Imp to clean herself up after meals. I figured it was easier to give her the capability to do it herself than to deal with her screaming at me when I would try to do it for her. I recently had picked up a few of those Rubbermaid "shoebox" containers at WalMart. I got the bright idea yesterday afternoon to squirt a little bit of dishsoap in it and fill it with warm water. Imp LOVED it, but of course got water everywhere. I had actually kind of planned on that since the floor needed to be mopped anyway. (By the way, did you know that sponge mops fit into those containers quite nicely? I had always disliked mopping the floors with a sponge mop b/c those things just don't fit into any bucket I've ever tried with them. I'm seriously considering stashing one of those containers just for that purpose.)

Today both girls played in the water for a little while after their naps and had a wonderful time. Although, Diva seemed to think the goal was to splash as much water OUT of the container as possible. At one point she even asked for more water! Once they started getting too hyper and were at the point where they could get hurt from being careless, I just handed each a bath towel. Presto! The kitchen floor got cleaned two days in a row!

No comments: