Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ulterior motives

Ok, I admit it. Sometimes I buy toys that have potential to work to my advantage. When I was doing our shopping today, I found something I had been trying to find for a while. Diva loves to try to copy me and use our broom and our mop. The problem lies in the fact that they are twice her size and the top of the handle swings dangerously around as I hold my breath and hope she doesn't break anything before I can get over to her and take it out of her hand. Today I found a child size broom and dustpan set AND a sponge mop at WalMart. The best part was that each one was less than $3! The girls love their new toys for now - we'll see what they think when I have them sweep and mop the kitchen floor tomorrow. :-)

Those two are so funny anytime they get something new, though. I also bought them new toothbrushes today. We've all been sick throughout this week (thus the neglected blog) so I bought replacement toothbrushes today. (I have heard that you should always use a new toothbrush after being sick so you aren't putting the germs back in your mouth once you are better). They were so mad at me when I told them to hand over their toothbrushes while they were getting ready for bed tonight. That didn't last long, though. Their eyes lit up like it was Christmas when they saw the new ones. They grabbed them and ran into the bathroom to use them for the first time. If only it could always be this easy to make them happy . . .

No comments: